1. Feed him, clothe him, comfort him.
2. Show him where he can get food, clothes, and warmth. Take him there if necessary.
3. Teach him to create food, clothes, and warmth for himself.
4. Organise people and build a distribution centre for food, clothes, and warmth so that people trying to do (2) will know where to go.
5. Create so much food, clothes, and warmth yourself that you can donate a lot of it to the people trying to do (4).
6. Build and run a school to facilitate (3).
Feel free to add to the list.
Inspired by despair at students' lack of displayed ability.
You can only do (3) for some people and then get a few of them to go on and do (5). Also limited are people who can do (4).
So that leaves (1) and (2) for the majority of people in this world.
Alternative title for this post:
What is expected of those to whom much is given.