Monday, November 14, 2005

The Cubicle

I'm starting to think about clearing my desk at The Workplace for the last time in the next few years, and that got me thinking about Cubicles. Of all the whimsical thoughts that came out, here's the worst of the lot (I think).

Here’s a new idea for a reality show – we put some hapless and gullible contestants through a series of inane challenges which have little real output beyond satisfying the show’s requirements. The prize: a work cubicle with a window view (and potted plant for those exceeding expectations), a swanky title (Senior Head of Interactive Transactions) and a good old-fashioned pat on the back.

Season Two will feature even more mindless running around in circles, except the prize this time is exclusive rights to the participants’ choice of toilet cubicles (complete with air plant for a touch of freshness) and a whole month’s supply of toilet paper (cue “wows” and “oohs” and “aahs”).

Then again, it sounds too much like work.

No comments:

Brain working modes, or how my tendency to focus only on one thing at a time impacts the things I do

 What do you know? Another 6 years have passed, and so much more has happened. Today's post is an attempt to capture something I was thi...